Backup and Restore Sharded Clusters¶
The following tutorials describe backup and restoration for sharded clusters:
- Backup a Small Sharded Cluster with mongodump
- If your sharded cluster holds a small data set, you can use mongodump to capture the entire backup in a reasonable amount of time.
- Backup a Sharded Cluster with Filesystem Snapshots
- Use file system snapshots back up each component in the sharded cluster individually. The procedure involves stopping the cluster balancer. If your system configuration allows file system backups, this might be more efficient than using MongoDB tools.
- Backup a Sharded Cluster with Database Dumps
- Create backups using mongodump to back up each component in the cluster individually.
- Schedule Backup Window for Sharded Clusters
- Limit the operation of the cluster balancer to provide a window for regular backup operations.
- Restore a Single Shard
- An outline of the procedure and consideration for restoring a single shard from a backup.
- Restore a Sharded Cluster
- An outline of the procedure and consideration for restoring an entire sharded cluster from backup.