Geospatial Index Tutorials¶
Instructions for creating and querying 2d, 2dsphere, and haystack indexes.
- Create a 2dsphere Index
- A 2dsphere index supports data stored as both GeoJSON objects and as legacy coordinate pairs.
- Query a 2dsphere Index
- Search for locations within, near, or intersected by a GeoJSON shape, or within a circle as defined by coordinate points on a sphere.
- Create a 2d Index
- Create a 2d index to support queries on data stored as legacy coordinate pairs.
- Query a 2d Index
- Search for locations using legacy coordinate pairs.
- Create a Haystack Index
- A haystack index is optimized to return results over small areas. For queries that use spherical geometry, a 2dsphere index is a better option.
- Query a Haystack Index
- Search based on location and non-location data within a small area.
- Calculate Distance Using Spherical Geometry
- Convert distances to radians and back again.