- MongoDB Drivers and Client Libraries >
- PHP Libraries, Frameworks and Tools
PHP Libraries, Frameworks and Tools¶
The PHP community has created a huge number of libraries to make working with MongoDB easier and integrate it with existing frameworks.
Libraries and Frameworks¶
ODM (Object Document Mapper) is an experimental Doctrine MongoDB object mapper. The Doctrine\ODM\Mongo namespace is an experimental project for a PHP 5.3 MongoDB Object Mapper. It allows you to easily write PHP 5 classes and map them to collections in MongoDB. You just work with your objects like normal and Doctrine will transparently persist them to MongoDB.
This project implements the same “style” of the Doctrine 2 ORM project interface so it will look very familiar to you and it has lots of the same features and implementations.
- MongoDB Integration: Views (query builder) backend, a watchdog implementation (logging), and field storage.
- Fat-Free is a powerful yet lightweight PHP 5.3+ Web development framework designed to help you build dynamic and robust applications fast.
- Symfony 2 Logger: A centralized logger for Symfony applications. See blog post on Symfony.
- sfMongoSessionStorage: Manages session storage via MongoDB with symfony.
- sfStoragePerformancePlugin: This plugin contains some extra storage engines (MongoDB and Memcached) that are currently missing from the Symfony (>= 1.2) core.
An extensive MVC 2 based PHP framework which supports MongoDB directly with only PHPMongo extension.
Thundergrid gives you the ability to control exactly how you use GridFS in your scripts. It allows you to list, filter, and display objects within GridFS quickly and rapidly.
Vork, the high-performance enterprise framework for PHP, natively supports MongoDB as either a primary datasource or used in conjunction with an RDBMS. Designed for scalability & Green-IT, Vork serves more traffic with fewer servers and can be configured to operate without any disk-IO.
Vork provides a full MVC stack that outputs semantically-correct XHTML 1.1, complies with Section 508 Accessibility guidelines & Zend-Framework coding-standards, has SEO-friendly URLs, employs CSS-reset for cross-browser display consistency and is written in well-documented object-oriented E_STRICT PHP5 code.
An extensive set of tools are built into Vork for ecommerce (cc-processing, SSL, PayPal, AdSense, shipment tracking, QR-codes), Google Maps, translation & internationalization, Wiki, Amazon Web Services, Social-Networking (Twitter, Meetup, ShareThis, YouTube, Flickr) and much more.
This is yet another, open source, and very simple ODM for MongoDB. It works like the standard MongoDB PHP extension interface but returns objects instead of arrays (as ODM). Queries stay the same. Provides driver level “joins,” that resolves related objects.
Yii MongoDB Driver is an Yii1 extension which plans on supporting Yii2.
YiiMongoDbSuite is an ActiveRecord-like support for MongoDB in Yii. It originally started as a fork of MongoRecord extension to fix some major bugs and to add full featured suite for MongoDB developers.
- Shanty Mongo is a prototype MongoDB adapter for the Zend Framework. It’s intention is to make working with MongoDB documents as natural and as simple as possible. In particular allowing embedded documents to also have custom document classes.
- ZF Cache Backend for MongoDB: supports tags and auto-cleaning.
- Zend_Nosql_Mongo component proposal
Autocomplete for IDEs¶
- PeclMongoPhpDoc gives IDEs information about the Pecl extension to help with autocomplete and docs.
- Mandango is a simple, powerful, ultrafast Object Document Mapper (ODM) for PHP and MongoDB.
- PHP MongoDB Pagination is the pagination plugin for MongoDB released under MIT License. It is simple to install and use. It has been developed under TechMVC 3.0.4 but is compatible with any 3rd party framework (e.g. Zend (tested)).
MongoDB PHP ODM¶
- MongoDb PHP ODM is a simple object wrapper for the MongoDB PHP driver classes which makes using MongoDB in your PHP application more like ORM, but without the suck. It is designed for use with Kohana 3 but will also integrate easily with any PHP application with almost no additional effort.
A library on top of the PHP driver that allows you to make more natural queries ($query->query('a == 13 AND b >= 8 && c % 3 == 4');), abstracts away annoying $-syntax, and provides getters and setters.
MongoQueue is a PHP queue that allows for moving tasks and jobs into an asynchronous process for completion in the background. The queue is managed by MongoDB.
MongoQueue is an extraction from online classifieds site Oodle. Oodle uses MongoQueue to background common tasks in order to keep page response times low.
MongoRecord is a PHP MongoDB ORM layer built on top of the PHP MongoDB PECL extension.
MongoRecord is an extraction from online classifieds site Oodle. Oodle’s requirements for a manageable, easy to understand interface for dealing with the super-scalable MongoDB datastore was the primary reason for MongoRecord. It was developed to use with PHP applications looking to add MongoDB’s scaling capabilities while dealing with a nice abstraction layer.
- Morph at GitHub is a high-level PHP library for MongoDB. Morph comprises a suite of objects and object primitives that are designed to make working with MongoDB in PHP a breeze.
- TURBOPY is a cloud-based content management framework and IDE using new editing concepts working with MongoDB.
Blogs & HOWTOs¶
How to batch import JSON data output from FFprobe for motion stream analysis¶
FFprobe is a stream analyzer that optionally reports in JSON. This example is a PHP script that reads JSON from STDIN, makes an object using json_decode, and inserts the object into a MongoDB database. This script could be used with any program that outputs a JSON stream. A bash script will be used to batch process all files within the current directory. For example, the data may be used for analysis and logging of a day’s shoot.