- MongoDB Drivers >
- Python MongoDB Drivers
Python MongoDB Drivers¶
This is an overview of the available tools for using Python with MongoDB. Those wishing to skip to more detailed discussion should check out the Python Driver Tutorial.
PyMongo is the recommended way to work with MongoDB from Python.
Motor is the recommended asynchronous Python driver for MongoDB and Tornado.
ORM Like Layers¶
Because MongoDB is so easy to use the basic Python driver is often the best solution for many applications. However, if you need data validation, associations and other high-level data modeling functionality then ORM like layers may be desired.
- MongoDB & Python: Workshop materials from PyCon 2012
- PyCon Poster: PyCon 2012
- Realtime Analytics using MongoDB, Python, Gevent, and ZeroMQ: Rick Copeland’s presentation from Mongo Seattle (December 2011)
- MongoDB with Python, Pylons, and Pyramid: Niall O’Higgins’ presentation from MongoSF (May 2011)
- Python Development with MongoDB: Bernie Hackett’s presentation from MongoSF (May 2011)
- Building a Social Graph with MongoDB at Eventbrite: Brian Zambrano’s presentation from MongoSV (December 2010)
- More Python-related presentations