- MongoDB Integration and Tools >
- Admin UIs
MongoDB does not include a GUI-style administrative interface. Instead most administration is done from command line tools such as the mongo shell. However some UI’s are available as separate community projects and are listed below. Some are focused on administration, while some focus on data viewing.
Articles about 3rd-Party Admin Tools
MongoDB Management Service¶
MongoDB Management Service (MMS) is a cloud-based suite of services for managing MongoDB deployments with monitoring and backup capabilities.
Edda is a log visualizer. It takes logs as input and creates a timeline of notable events in the set. It can be installed via pip:
pip install edda
See also: Github source
Fang of Mongo¶
A web-based user interface for MongoDB build with django and jquery.
It will allow you to explore content of MongoDB with simple but (hopefully) pleasant user interface.
- field name autocompletion in query builder
- data loading indicator
- human friendly collection stats
- disabling collection windows when there is no collection selected
- twitter stream plugin
- many more minor usability fixes
- works well on recent chrome and firefox
To track progress on twitter: @fangofmongo
UMongo (formerly JMongoBrowser)¶
- home page: <http://edgytech.com/umongo/>
- github: <http://github.com/agirbal/umongo>
- download: <https://github.com/agirbal/umongo/downloads>
UMongo is a GUI app that can browse and administer a MongoDB cluster. It is available for Linux, Windows and Mac OSX.
MongoExplorer is a MongoDB management tool, written in Silverlight.
- Easy to use
- Shows all the collections and documents of the database
- Uses a convenient tree view for documents
- Drag’n’drop is fully supported
- Document in-place editing
MongoHub is a native OSX GUI. It supports importing data through direct MySQL connections, CSV and JSON imports and exports.
MongoVision is a MongoDB management tool written for Prudence.
- Extended JSON support
- Tabular view
- Click to sort
- Filter boxes to alter query
mViewer is a web-based MongoDB administration tool.
See the Web UI For MongoDB video.
PHPMoAdmin is a MongoDB administration tool for PHP built on a stripped-down version of the Vork high-performance framework.
- Nothing to configure - place the moadmin.php file anywhere on your web site and it just works!
- Fast AJAX-based XHTML 1.1 interface operates consistently in every browser!
- Self-contained in a single 95kb file!
- Works on any version of PHP5 with the MongoDB NoSQL database installed & running.
- Super flexible - search for exact-text, text with * wildcards, regex or JSON (with MongoDB-operators enabled)
- Option to enable password-protection for one or more users; to activate protection, just add the username-password(s) to the array at the top of the file.
- E_STRICT PHP code is formatted to the Zend Framework coding standards + fully-documented in the phpDocumentor DocBlock standard.
- Textareas can be resized by dragging/stretching the lower-right corner.
- Free & open-source! Release under the GPLv3 FOSS license!
- Option to query MongoDB using JSON or PHP-array syntax
- Multiple design themes to choose from
- Instructional error messages - phpMoAdmin can be used as a PHP-MongoDB connection debugging tool
PHPMoAdmin can help you discover the source of connection issues between PHP and MongoDB. Download phpMoAdmin, place the moadmin.php file in your web site document directory and navigate to it in a browser. One of two things will happen:
- You will see an error message explaining why PHP and MongoDB cannot connect and what you need to do to fix it
- You will see a bunch of MongoDB-related options, including a selection of databases (by default, the admin and local databases always exist) - if this is the case your installation was successful and your problem is within the PHP code that you are using to access MongoDB, troubleshoot that from the MongoDB docs on php.net
RockMongo is a MongoDB management tool, written in PHP 5.
- easy to install, and open source
- multiple hosts, and multiple administrators for one host
- password protection
- query dbs
- advanced collection query tool
- read, insert, update, duplicate and remove single row
- query, create and drop indexes
- clear collection
- remove and change (only work in higher PHP-MongoDB version) criteria matched rows
- view collection statistics
A single-file MongoDB admin app, which is available as either a Ruby or PHP script.
MongoDB ODA plugin for BIRT¶
The MongoDB ODA plugin for BIRT is an Eclipse based plugin that enables you to connect to a MongoDB database and pull out data to display in your BIRT report. The interface is simple and an extensive user guide is provided with the release.
An operations and administration management tool for MongoDB with dashboards, forecast warning, and various graphs.
- Packaged with an install script.
- Supports real-time monitoring. Captures information from the servers at 10 second intervals
- Provides a group for MongoDB replica sets.
- Dashboard of important information so that the state of MongoDB is visable at a glance.
- Graphs that display historical statistics for all data collected from MongoDB.
- Supports user-defined events for forecasting, warnings, and event notification,
- Open source. See the licensing page for more information.
- GitHub: <https://github.com/citsoft/mongobird>
Live monitoring and graphic visualization tool based on DHTML include HTML5.
- Free download.
- Live Monitoring: Provides monitoring information by 1 second intervals.
- Standalone: Runs without WAS.
- Animated Graphs: Supports user-defined graphs by smooth changes about monitoring items.
- Any Device: Supports all devices include mobile.
- Multiple Shells. Open as many shells as you need. Every tab in Robomongo is a MongoDB shell, fully isolated from each other.
- Multiple Results. Robomongo executes your code in statement by statement way. That means that you will receive as many result as many statements you have.
- Cross-platform, open source.
Opricot is a hybrid GUI/CLI/Scripting web frontend implemented in PHP to manage your MongoDB servers and databases. Use as a point-and-click adventure for basic tasks, utilize scripting for automated processing or repetitive things.
Opricot combines the following components to create a fully featured administration tool:
- Simple server-side AJAX interface for communicating with the MongoDB server (currently available for PHP).
- Tree view for dbs and collections
- Create/Drop indexes
- Server/DB stats
- Support RDBMS (MySQL, postgres, ...)
MongoDBPumper for Oracle¶
MongoDBPumper for Oracle from spViewer Software
MongoDBPumper is a tool that facilitates data transfer between Oracle and MongoDB databases, and includes the following features:
- Intuitive GUI wizard to facilitate data mapping and transfer operation.
- Support for all Oracle database versions including 8.1.7, 9.0.1, 9.2.0, 10.1.0, 10.2.0, 11.1.0, 11.2.0
- Support for all MongoDB database versions including 2.0, 2.2
- Support of two-way data transfer between Oracle and MongoDb databases.
- Supports most data types and performs data type conversions.
- Support of parallel data transfer operations for optimal performance.
- Support of loading MongoDb nested collections.
Connect to your MongoDB databases directly from your iPhone with MongoMonitor.
- Connect to your MongoDB databases, supporting single hosts, Replica Sets and shards
- Check your database’s status, statistics and indexes
- Navigate through all collections, documents and sub-documents
- View and copy individual data in documents
- GridFS upload and preview (supports images, PDFs, and Office)
- Remove documents from your collections
- Handles mongodb:// links so you don’t have to type in long connections