- MongoDB Integration and Tools >
- MongoDB Connector for Hadoop
MongoDB Connector for Hadoop¶
The MongoDB Connector for Hadoop is a plugin for Hadoop that provides the ability to use MongoDB as an input source and/or an output destination.
This guide also includes the following documentation:
- Obtain the Hadoop connector. You may either download the JARs or build it yourself. The JARs are universal and will work with any version of Hadoop.
- Obtain a JAR for the MongoDB Java Driver.
- Move these JARs onto each node of the Hadoop cluster. You may provision each node so that the jars are in the lib directory for hadoop (i.e. $HADOOP_HOME/lib), or you can use the Hadoop DistributedCache to move the JARs onto pre-existing nodes.
For more complete install instructions, please see the installation instructions for your platform on the Hadoop Connector wiki.
- MongoDB and Hadoop: Driving Business Insights by Sandeep Parikh, 2014
- Webinar: Using MongoDB + Hadoop Together by Buzz Moschetti, 2014
- What’s New With MongoDB Hadoop Integration By Mike O’Brien
- MongoDB, Hadoop and HuMONGOus Data by Steve Francia at MongoSF 2012
- MongoDB + Hadoop by Brendan McAdams at MongoDB Philly 2012
- mongo-hadoopで始める大規模ログ解析 〜低コストへの新たな道〜 (BigData Analysis with Mongo-Hadoop) by Daichi Morifuji at MongoTokyo 2012