The MongoDB 2.6 Manual¶
Welcome to the MongoDB Manual! MongoDB is an open-source, document-oriented database designed for ease of development and scaling.
The Manual introduces MongoDB and continues to describe the query language, operational considerations and procedures, administration, and application development patterns, and other aspects of MongoDB use and administration. See the Introduction to MongoDB for an overview of MongoDB’s key features. The Manual also has a thorough reference section of the MongoDB interface and tools.
This manual is under constant development. See the About MongoDB Documentation for more information on the MongoDB Documentation project.
MongoDB 2.6 Released
See Release Notes for MongoDB 2.6 for new features in MongoDB 2.6.
The following resources provide additional information:
- MongoDB, Inc.
- The company behind MongoDB.
- MongoDB Events
- Upcoming events where you can learn more and meet members of the MongoDB community.
- Planet MongoDB
- Aggregator of popular MongoDB blogs.
- Slides and Video
- Presentations and videos from past MongoDB events.
- MongoDB Management Service
- Free cloud-based service for monitoring and backing up MongoDB deployments. Also consider the MMS documentation.
- MongoDB Training
- MongoDB’s professional training offerings. Free online courses, online certification, in-person training, and private courses for your organization are available to help you learn to build, run, and deploy applications with MongoDB.
- MongoDB Ecosystem
- The documentation available for the drivers, frameworks, tools, and services for use with MongoDB.