The MongoDB 3.0 Manual¶
MongoDB 3.0 Released
See Release Notes for MongoDB 3.0 for new features in MongoDB 3.0.
Welcome to the MongoDB Manual! MongoDB is an open-source, document database designed for ease of development and scaling. The Manual introduces key concepts in MongoDB, presents the query language, and provides operational and administrative considerations and procedures as well as a comprehensive reference section.
In addition to this manual, MongoDB provides a Getting Started Guide in the following editions.
The MongoDB manual is under constant development. See the About MongoDB Documentation for more information on the MongoDB Documentation project.
Getting involved in the MongoDB community is a great way to build relationships with other talented and like minded engineers, increase awareness for the interesting work that you are doing, and sharpen your skills. To learn about the MongoDB community, see Get Involved with MongoDB.
In addition to the documentation, there are many ways to learn to use MongoDB. You can:
- MongoDB, Inc.
- The company behind MongoDB.
- MongoDB Ops Manager
- The easiest way to run MongoDB: includes Automation, Backup, and Monitoring. For more information, see the Ops Manager documentation.
- MongoDB Management Service (MMS)
- A free cloud-based service for monitoring and backing up MongoDB deployments. Also consider the MMS documentation.
- MongoDB Ecosystem
- The documentation available for the drivers, frameworks, tools, and services for use with MongoDB.