The MongoDB 3.0 Manual¶
MongoDB 3.0 Released
See Release Notes for MongoDB 3.0 for new features in MongoDB 3.0.
Welcome to the MongoDB Manual! MongoDB is an open-source, document-oriented database designed for ease of development and scaling.
The Manual introduces MongoDB and continues to describe the query language, operational considerations and procedures, administration, and application development patterns, and other aspects of MongoDB use and administration. See the Introduction to MongoDB for an overview of MongoDB’s key features. The Manual also has a thorough reference section of the MongoDB interface and tools.
This manual is under constant development. See the About MongoDB Documentation for more information on the MongoDB Documentation project.
In addition to the documentation, there are many ways to learn to use MongoDB. You can:
- MongoDB, Inc.
- The company behind MongoDB.
- MongoDB Ops Manager
- The easiest way to run MongoDB: includes Automation, Backup, and Monitoring. For more information, see the Ops Manager documentation.
- MongoDB Management Service (MMS)
- A free cloud-based service for monitoring and backing up MongoDB deployments. Also consider the MMS documentation.
- MongoDB Ecosystem
- The documentation available for the drivers, frameworks, tools, and services for use with MongoDB.