The administration documentation addresses the ongoing operation and maintenance of MongoDB instances and deployments. This documentation includes both high level overviews of these concerns as well as tutorials that cover specific procedures and processes for operating MongoDB.
You can download this section in PDF form as MongoDB Administration.
- Administration Concepts
Core conceptual documentation of operational practices for managing MongoDB deployments and systems.
- MongoDB Backup Methods
- Describes approaches and considerations for backing up a MongoDB database.
- Monitoring for MongoDB
- An overview of monitoring tools, diagnostic strategies, and approaches to monitoring replica sets and sharded clusters.
- Production Notes
- A collection of notes that describe best practices and considerations for the operations of MongoDB instances and deployments.
Continue reading from Administration Concepts for additional documentation of MongoDB administration.
- Administration Tutorials
Tutorials that describe common administrative procedures and practices for operations for MongoDB instances and deployments.
- Configuration, Maintenance, and Analysis
- Describes routine management operations, including configuration and performance analysis.
- Backup and Recovery
- Outlines procedures for data backup and restoration with mongod instances and deployments.
Continue reading from Administration Tutorials for more tutorials of common MongoDB maintenance operations.
- Administration Reference
- Reference and documentation of internal mechanics of administrative features, systems and functions and operations.