Backup and Recovery¶
The following tutorials describe backup and restoration for a mongod instance:
- Backup and Restore with Filesystem Snapshots
- An outline of procedures for creating MongoDB data set backups using system-level file snapshot tool, such as LVM or native storage appliance tools.
- Restore a Replica Set from MongoDB Backups
- Describes procedure for restoring a replica set from an archived backup such as a mongodump or MMS Backup file.
- Back Up and Restore with MongoDB Tools
- Describes a procedure for exporting the contents of a database to either a binary dump or a textual exchange format, and for importing these files into a database.
- Backup and Restore Sharded Clusters
- Detailed procedures and considerations for backing up sharded clusters and single shards.
- Recover Data after an Unexpected Shutdown
- Recover data from MongoDB data files that were not properly closed or have an invalid state.