Indexes allow MongoDB to process and fulfill queries quickly by creating
small and efficient representations of the documents in a collection.
The documents in this section outline specific tasks related to
building and maintaining indexes for data in MongoDB collections and
discusses strategies and practical approaches. For a conceptual
overview of MongoDB indexing, see the Index Concepts document.
- Index Creation Tutorials
- Create and configure different types of indexes for different purposes.
- Index Management Tutorials
- Monitor and assess index performance and rebuild indexes as needed.
- Geospatial Index Tutorials
- Create indexes that support data stored as GeoJSON objects
and legacy coordinate pairs.
- Text Search Tutorials
- Build and configure indexes that support full-text searches.
- Indexing Strategies
- The factors that affect index performance and practical approaches to
indexing in MongoDB