Optimization Strategies for MongoDB
There are many factors that can affect database performance and
responsiveness including index use, query structure, data models and
application design, as well as operational factors such as architecture
and system configuration.
This section describes techniques for optimizing application
performance with MongoDB.
- Evaluate Performance of Current Operations
- MongoDB provides introspection tools that describe the query execution process, to allow users to test queries and build more efficient queries.
- Use Capped Collections for Fast Writes and Reads
- Outlines a use case for Capped Collections to optimize certain data ingestion work flows.
- Optimize Query Performance
- Introduces the use of projections to reduce the amount of data MongoDB must set to clients.
- Design Notes
- A collection of notes related to the architecture, design, and
administration of MongoDB-based applications.