The following documents describe read operations:
- Read Operations Overview
- A high level overview of queries and projections in MongoDB, including a discussion of syntax and behavior.
- Queries return iterable objects, called cursors, that hold the full result set.
- Query Optimization
- Analyze and improve query performance.
- Query Plans
- MongoDB executes queries using optimal plans.
- Distributed Queries
- Describes how sharded clusters and replica sets affect the performance of read operations.