Read the Data Modeling Introduction document for a high level introduction to data modeling, and proceed to the documents in the Data Modeling Concepts section for additional documentation of the data model design process. The Data Model Examples and Patterns documents provide examples of different data models. In addition, the MongoDB Use Case Studies provide overviews of application design and include example data models with MongoDB.
You can download this section in PDF form as Data Model Design for MongoDB.
- Data Modeling Introduction
- An introduction to data modeling in MongoDB.
- Data Modeling Concepts
- The core documentation detailing the decisions you must make when determining a data model, and discussing considerations that should be taken into account.
- Data Model Examples and Patterns
- Examples of possible data models that you can use to structure your MongoDB documents.
- Data Model Reference
- Reference material for data modeling for developers of MongoDB applications.